Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Still Believe.....!!!

Finally, the most anticipated day of all time has passed without anything very significant happened. I can accept Anwar's explanation that this is due to their desire to have the power transition in a peaceful manner. But I do believe that not many of us can accept that reason as they are not concerned with peaceful power transition as they can't contain themselves with the current government anymore.

Another development is that this gives a longer window for the current government to act against Anwar. During the limited period after Anwar announced the dateline for the power coup, they had done many terrible, questionable and unanswerable things and taken so many foolish and plain stupid actions.

Another issue would be the deterioration of people's support towards Anwar as the government propagade further regarding Anwar's failure to topple them on time. Fence sitters, who don't really think much about the relevance of peaceful power transition will definitely eat all they can from BN words. They are most probably truly think that Anwar doesn't have the names and the numbers as yet or else he would have announced it already.

For those who favour Anwar more (say around 70% to Anwar's side) will become 50-50 as their belief has also deteriorate.

As for me, my confidence level may have been down a little bit but my hope is still very much the same. Reading the news makes me hate the government more. I really hope that Anwar's plan is really because he's concern about national security and not just any political gimmick. I do still believe in him.

No comments: